2020/2021 COVID-19 PROCEDURES & STAGES TO PROMOTE A SAFER DANCE
ENVIRONMENT DURING THE PANDEMIC
1. The studio will be following CDC recommendations for safer environments during this COVID-19 pandemic and recommending that all dance family’s work together to keep each other safe as well. Dance Elite will follow state and federal recommendations for Texans to continue safely during this pandemic.
2. We have created hand sanitizer stations upon entry and exit from the studio, along with adding disinfecting frequently touched areas between classes and throughout the dance day.
3. Teachers, Assistants and employees will wear face coverings during classes and encourage all students/families to as well, until safer guidelines have been developed.
4. Class sizes will be limited to assist with social distancing and social distancing guides/reminders will be found throughout the studio. Both studios will be divided into recommended social distancing sections for dancers to dance in.
5. In the effort to create safer social distancing during class transitions, entries and exits into the studio, we will be utilizing our emergency exits in each classroom.
*Dancers will enter the studio through our front entrance, where they will receive hand sanitizer, a mask if needed, and guided into the studio for class.
*Parents must drop off their dancer at the front entrance and wait in their vehicles until class is over. Please do NOT bring additional family members into the studio to drop your dancer off for class. Our entrance is limited to keep an appropriate social distance.
*Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to class time, dressed ready to dance and remind your little dancer to potty before you come.
*All classes will finish class 5 minutes early and start to exit through the emergency exit doors directly from the studio rooms to their parent/guardians. Parents/Guardians of our little dancers, please be by the exit door at the time class is to end for your dancer. For safety reasons, we will not allow dancers to run through the parking lot to find their guardians. This is for their protection.
By having separate entrance and exits, we are hoping to decrease the amount of people in our halls and enable better social distancing. If your dancer’s class is in the large studio this year, their exit will be on the backside of the building.
6. If you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, body aches or difficulty breathing STAY AT HOME.
7. If you or your family has been exposed to COVID-19, notify Dance Elite and self-quarantine for 2 weeks before returning to dance classes.
8. If a dancer or individual within Dance Elite contracts COVID-19, all families will be notified and classes will be moved to an online format for at a minimum of 2 weeks. Communication will be sent out weekly.
9. Dance Elite has established a 3 step guide for dealing with state and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 for 2020/2021 school year. QIS = the vital energy or life force.
Dance Elite’s QIS Stages for 2020/2021
Q = Quarantine mandate from state and federal authorities requiring the closure of our business, gyms, childcare centers and/or schools. All classes will be held virtually during their normal scheduled class time, with internet safety precautions, specific class id’s, passwords and access through each dancer’s portal. Details will be sent to each class when mandated. If a dancer cannot participate in virtual classes, due to unforeseen circumstances, parents should contact Dance Elite immediately to discuss alternatives.
I = In-between State and federal authorities have mandated our business to operate with 50% & below, occupancy capacity. See studio COVID-19 Policies & Precaution Stages. Dance Elite will officially begin it’s 2020/21 dance season in this phase.
S = Safe Dance Elite and dancers can return to pre-COVID-19 participation procedures. Parents/Guardians may accompany their dancer into the studio, masks may not be needed during participation, social distancing can be decreased, and hand sanitization may be less frequent. Our Safe level will be dependent upon many federal findings and community resources for our Dance Family.
In effort to safely register for classes, we have set up an online registration for everyone to stay socially distant yet get your dancer registered for class. Thanks!